THERMATEX MEDICAL RANGE
THERMATEX® Medical Range
Knauf AMF Performance Ceilings have fast become the ceiling material of choice for new modern hospitals, healthcare facilities and refurbishments. Our expertise in delivering high quality, sustainably manufactured, health conscious acoustic ceiling systems allows us to provide a solution for all healthcare situations. Quality acoustic design and aesthetics can enhance patient comfort and have a positive effect on patient recovery times.
- Hygena treatment for resistance to fungi and bacteria.
- Paint sealed edges.
- Washable and scrubbable.
- Suitable for PC1 and PC2 laboratories.
- Superior noise reduction of NRC 0.70 – 0.90.
- Excellent sound attenuation of 28dB – 42dB.
- High light reflectance of up to 88%.
- Humidity resistance up to RH95% to RH100%.
- Up to 30 year limited manufacturer’s warranty.
- Contributes to Green Star Points
- 100% recyclable
- 100% bio-degradable
- Bio-soluble mineral wool
- Made in Germany
- Intensive care
- Consultation rooms
- Patient rooms
- Kitchen areas
- Tested to ASTM G 21/G 22 for resistance to fungi and bacteria.
- Achieves resistance to bacterial strains of Bacillus subtilis, Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus epidermidis, and Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
- Achieves resistance to fungus strains of Aspergillus niger, Paecilomyces variotii, Gliocladium virens, Penicillium funiculosum and Chaetomium globosum.
- Tested to 14644-1:1999 for Clean Room performance.
- Achieves ISO Class 3 for THERMATEX Aquatec and ISO Class 4 for THERMATEX Acoustic.
- ISO Class 3 is defined as having max. particle emission of 1,000/m3 of air (>0.1μm).
- ISO Class 4 is defined as having max. particle emission of 10,000/m3 of air (>0.1μm).
Volatile Organic Compounds
- Tested to ISO 16000-3:2001 and ISO 16000-6:2004 for VOC emission.
- Achieves ‘suitable for indoor use’ as per the German AgBB-Scheme.
- Achieves emission rating of 0.0064mg/m3 defined as ‘low emitting’ by having less than 0.009mg/m3.
- Tested to ASTM D-2486 (modified) for Scrubbability – 2,000 cycles.
- Tested to ASTM D-4828 (modified) for Washability – 200 cycles.
- Acceptable disinfectant agents include:
- Sodium hydroxide
- Sodium hypochlorite
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Dodecylbenzene sulfonate